UOIT Teaching Innovation Fund
Proposals due April 13, 2017
The UOIT Teaching Innovation Fund (UOIT-TIF) is available to assist full-time, continuing UOIT teaching staff to develop and implement research and innovation in university teaching in areas including but not limited to:
- Student support and retention
- Innovative instructional practices and strategies
- Pioneering educational content
- Teaching-related research
The UOIT-TIF is managed by the Office of the Associate Provost, and is intended to support the development and dissemination of innovative teaching practices across the university and beyond. It provides seed money rather than covering the ongoing expenses of a project or innovation. Individual proposals may be funded up to $8,000.
Proposals are limited to 5 pages and must include:
- Applicant and collaborator(s) contact information and details
- Details of the proposal including:
- Description of the project
- Effect on university teaching and learning and how your project will enhance student experience and achievement
- Target student cohort(s)
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the project
- Non-monetary support from the institution for success of the project
- Project timeline
- Relevant literature references
- Dissemination of the project results at UOIT and beyond
- Project budget – If hiring research/project assistants or other personnel, include hourly rate, benefits and number of hours employed (contact Human Resources or your Faculty office for current rates)
The following expenses are not eligible:
- Faculty reimbursement
- Journal subscriptions
- Professional memberships
- Equipment costs that exceed 25% of the total budget
- Equipment and/or software that is normally provided by the University
Proposals will be reviewed by a UOIT advisory committee with a broad disciplinary and institutional perspective. Proposals will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Is the proposal well aligned with the intent of the Teaching Innovation Fund?
- Does the proposal include a description of the project, intended target group, and benefits to students which are clear and consistent with the goals of the Teaching Innovation Fund?
- Will the project benefit classroom and/or online learning situations?
- Is there a clear evaluation plan for the effect of this work on student learning?
- Is the work schedule and budget proposed realistic?
- How will the results of this project be shared with the UOIT community?
Is there additional funding available?
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received TIF funding.
- The UOIT Intellectual Property Policy applies to projects funded by and supported by the TIF. To review the policy, click here
Please submit all proposals electronically (as pdf’s) to Lana Pickering firstname.lastname@example.org