WHAT IS KALTURA
Kaltura is an external media management, authoring, and streaming system integrated within the Blackboard LMS. It comes with an easy to use rich feature set.
- Upload Videos, Images, and Audio
- Embed YouTube Videos
- Record Screen, Webcam, Audio, and Powerpoint
- Create In-Video Quizzes
- Sync Powerpoint Slides
- Attach Captioning Files
- Attach Supporting Materials (Word Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations)
- Insert Chapters and Slides
- Create Clips and Trim Videos
- Add Collaborators as Editors and Publishers
- Share video among courses
WHY WOULD I USE IT
- Embed quizzes within video to let your students self-evaluate their learning
- Easily associate caption files with video
- Create a course media gallery (a YouTube like channel) that you and your students can use to upload video, images and audio. Make it social and allow commenting.
- Students can upload/create videos anywhere the Blackboard rich text editor is available, for instance, assignments, discussion forums, wikis, and even journals.
- Student engagement (Intros, group work, etc)
- Measure student engagement with video analytics.
- It is easy to use and offers a secure and private method to embed media within your course.
- Kaltura provides a better viewing experience by adapting to the best stream for the type of device and network connection.
HOW DO I GET STARTED
See the video tutorials section or contact the Teaching and Learning Centre
External Resources (open in new window)
WHERE DO I GET HELP
The Teaching and Learning Centre can provide training to UOIT instructors who want to learn how use to use Kaltura. Email email@example.com to set up a meeting.
1. Adding the MyMedia Module
2. Install CaptureSpace
3. Upload a Video to the Media Gallery
4. Adding Media to a Content Area