Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide
What is Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide?
Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide is a program that allows you to author and publish tests to Blackboard as well as retrieve digital copies of tests that are currently posted in Blackboard. It is not mandatory to use Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide. Tests can be created within Blackboard without use of this software. In all cases, it is recommended to maintain a backup of online tests outside of Blackboard.
Why would I use it?
There are two main scenarios in which you might choose to use Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide:
- To generate a digital copy of an online test that is in Blackboard. For example, you may be asked to provide a digital copy of a test for the Test Centre
- To publish a large number of test questions created outside of Blackboard to a course in Blackboard
How do I get started?
Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide is installed on most instructor computers at UOIT. You can search for it in the Windows Start menu on your computer. Note that Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide is not the same as Respondus LockDown Browser.
If you cannot open the program due to license-related issues, email email@example.com for assistance.
It is important to be aware that it can take some time to configure Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide to connect to Blackboard the first time you use it or after going for a software refresh. See the Resources section below for more information on how to get started.
- Respondus Tutorial Part 1 - how to use the basic authorship tools of Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide
- Respondus Tutorial Part 2 - how to create quizzes in Word and import to Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide
- Respondus Tutorial Part 3 - how to publish and print Respondus files
- Respondus Tutorial Part 5 - how to retrieve a test posted to Blackboard using Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide
Where do I get help?
The Teaching and Learning Centre can provide training to UOIT instructors who want to learn how use to use Respondus 4.0 Campus-Wide. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.